Sunday, January 7, 2018

Hay-Ku of The Day (A Selection from OOMM, Chapter 3, “If Therefore Thine Eye Be Single, Thy Whole Body Shall Be Full of Light.”)

Centered in the One
Abiding in the Balance
Mindful of the Light.

Self-Transcending as
The Unified Field of Pure
Awareness I Am.

My Awareness of
Being Here in the First Place 
Is Fundamental.

Pure Awareness Wed 
To Limitless Sensation
Gives Birth to Being.

To be distracted 
From the Present Moment is
Being dead to Life. 

Fixated on Form, 
I forget Myself as the 
Underlying Field.

Relative States of 
The Knowledge I Am imply
An Absolute One.

A Mental Mirror
Which absorbs Light will project
Darkness in its place.

“I as I think” must
Be absent for “I as I
Am” to Be Present.

Intellect reflects
The Pure Light of Awareness
In relative ways.

To Be anything
Other than I Am is to
Be Nothing at All.

Ignorance of the
Creative Nature of Mind
Is why I suffer.

Absorption in self-
Centered thought is not the same
As Self-Awareness.

Breadth of Vision is
Limited only by One’s 
Mental focal-length.

Seeing something from
An Absolute Perspective 
Requires Selflessness.

All that I can see 
Feel, taste, touch, smell or think is
Other than I Am.

Divine Awareness
Crucifies Itself on the
Matrix of Matter.

Called to sacrifice
Myself as a Center of 
Conscious attention.

A Wave is at one
With the Ocean in the way 
I am one with all.

Sine Wave Cycling,
Sequential Peaks and Valleys, 
Flat-lining Silence.

Thinking of Myself
Short Circuits the Natural
Flow of Awareness.

[Rich Note: The third in a “chapter by chapter” sampling of “Out of My Mind and Back to My Senses.” I would further encourage anyone whose interest might be piqued  to download the Amazon Kindle sample of OOMM, as it effectively constitutes a synoptic, 59 page “mini-book .”]

No comments: