Friday, January 26, 2018

Hay-Ku of The Day (A Selection from OOMM, Chapter 9, “But Whom Say Ye That I Am”)

Being Mentally
Still and Silent reveals the
One I Am in All.

When I Attend to
Being Consciously Aware
I serve One and All.

Identified with
The Foreground, I forget the
Underlying Field.

Subject to mental
Myopia, I lose Sight
Of the Big Picture.

Awareness narrowed
To the level of objects
Loses consciousness.

My mental flashlight
Presently produces a 
Very narrow beam.

Until I can reign
Over my own mental space
I will rule in hell.

Relative thought is
The mental bondage that binds
Our spiritual wings.

Waves and particles
Appear as a function of
How I look at things.

Self-reflection leads
To a partial sense of being
And worship of same.

A mental screen of
Words and thoughts now blinds us to
The Truth of Being.

Human judgment
Is based on a relative
Lack of Awareness.

Jesus died to save
Us all from our delusion
Of self-existence.

The Truth speaks for
Itself and needs no defense
From lower quarters.

Peace is a State of
Pure Consciousness in which all
Mental motion stops.

Fear is a function
Of thinking myself to be
Other than I Am.

Believing myself
To be something I am not 
Is why I suffer.

Not any smarter 
Just a little bit further
Out of my own way.

Isn’t Everything you
Presently see a State of
Your own Awareness?

Laser-like the Mind 
Brought to the “Single-Eyed” state
Of Pure Awareness.

The instant I think
I am separate from God 
A lie becomes true.

Rich Note: The ninth in a “chapter by chapter” sampling of “Out of My Mind and Back to My Senses.” I would further encourage anyone, whose interest might be piqued or has a heartfelt resonance with what is offered, to download the Amazon Kindle sample of OOMM, as it effectively constitutes a synoptic, 59 page “mini-book .”]

http://rfhay333.blogspot.com/?m=1

No comments: