Sunday, January 31, 2016

Hay-Ku of the Day (Cutting to the Chase, Spiritual Practice II)

Simplicity-Wise, these are the best "Spiritual Practices" (seeming self-initiated acts that can actually transcend self-entrancement -- as paradoxical as that may appear to the intellect) I've encountered in 50 years:

" Pay attention to the source of the next thought." Jackie 0'keffe

“Relax all focus for 2 to 5 seconds, again and again, and recognize what remains.” -- Bentinho Massaro

Haiku-Wise they become:

In Principle:

Focusing on the
Source of the thought reminds "me"
I Am Awareness.

***

Relaxing Focus
Extends Mental Focal Length
And Breadth of Vision.

Relaxing Focus
Opens Breadth of Vision to
Embrace All Being.

In Practice:

Simply open your
Focus and Relax into
Being Awareness.

***

Relaxing Focus
And Resting as this Felt Sense
Of Presence I Am.

Opening Focus
And Merging with this Felt Sense
Of Being I Am.

***

Shifting Focus from
Thought to the Aware Presence
Of Being I Am.

Waiting Upon the
Lord as the Aware Presence
Of Being I Am.

PS: Dedicated to Kristin Lassen, who taught me a very valuable (and hopefully final -- though I somehow doubt it -- lol) lesson in humility.

Heartfelt Knowing of
Of the Truth is the only
"Real Experience."

Heart Apprehended
Knowledge of Being is a
Direct Conception.

"Knowing the Truth" as
"I Know I Am" is the "One
True Experience."

1 comment:

rfhay333 said...

Focusing on thought
Is focus way too narrow
To embrace Being.