Monday, January 19, 2015

Hay-Ku of the Day (Thinking Makes It So)

Self-centered thinking
Causes such unhappiness --
Bedeviled by thought.

Hell is in your head,
Heaven is in your heart and
Love is everywhere.

...

It's really simple:
I can't be unhappy if 
I don't think I am.

I am unhappy
Because I believe I am
Other than I Am.

*** 

Unhappy because
I think myself to be a
Separate person.

Unhappy because
I believe myself to be
Subject to Objects.

***

Happy when I Am
Whole but I cannot be that
Thinking otherwise.

Happiness is your
Natural State when You stop
Thinking otherwise.

***

"...The unhappiness
That arises in you is
Created by thought..."

[Rich Note: The first two are OOMM Oldies and the last one is an "embedded natural (or unintentional) haiku" from the following transcribed  audio excerpt from "Know That I AM" 
by Eckhart Tolle:

"On, the one hand, thinking loses its capacity to make you unhappy. That's a relief, because the unhappiness that arises in you is created by thought, not by what happens. It's created by thoughts about what happens."]

Additional Conceptual Cross-Correlators:

"It's not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters." -- Epictetus
***
"There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so." -- William Shakespeare 
***
"The aphorism, "As a man thinketh in his heart so is he," not only embraces the whole of a man's being, but is so comprehensive as to reach out to every condition and circumstance of his life. A man is literally what he thinks, his character being the complete sum of all his thoughts."--James Allen
***
"For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he..." -- Solomon (Proverbs 23:7 KJV)
***
"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." -- St. Paul (Philippians 4:8 KJV)
***
"Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." -- Jesus ("Matthew 6:34 KJV)
***
"I stated that you are not the thoughts but if you embrace the thoughts as yourself you actually become the thoughts."
"Suffering is only something which has been engendered by a thought or a word -- mind."
"So long as one depends on the mind, the mind will always make us unhappy."
"But for a seeker for reality there is only one meditation -- the rigorous  refusal to harbor thoughts..."
"Refuse all thoughts except one": the thought 'I Am.'"
 -- Sri Nisargadatta

No comments: