Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Hay-Ku of the Day ("Late to the Party")

"Thinking I Am the
Thinker" is an "after-the-
Fact" thought-overlay.

"Thinking I Am the
Thinker" is an after-the-
Fact "cover story."

***

"Thinking I'm Thinking"
Is a "Cover Story" that
The mind fabricates.

After-the-fact thought's
A Mental Cover Story
That mind fabricates.

***

"Thinking I'm thinking"
Is "after-the-fact" thought that's
"Late to the Party!"

"The Story of Me"
Is an "after the fact" self
Construction of mind.

My "play by play" self
Commentary is always
After-the-fact thought.

***

Identified with 
Thought I'm subject to mental
Associations.

Associative thoughts
And feelings are triggered by
Outer circumstance.

***

I am caught in an
After-the-fact process of
Habitual thought.

The associative
Nature of mind has "me" caught
In a stream of thought.

The "streaming" nature
Of self-thought has "me" caught-up
In it's "endless flow."

"What is actually happening when I think I am making a choice? Urges spontaneously arise in consciousness, thoughts arise, interpretations arise...Where do they arise from? Before they've arisen, do you decide that they're GOING to arise? Do you MAKE them arise?  THAT would really be the exercise of choice. But if you look carefully at any process of choice, what we call an act of choice is the after-the-fact labeling of a situation where urges and thoughts have actually spontaneously appeared from nowhere.

Thoughts come from, and disappear, to nowhere.  We think that we're THINKING thoughts, but in actuality we DON'T think about thinking the particular thoughts before we think them, or decide before we think them that we're GOING to think them; in actuality the thoughts just pop-up, and then we identify that we're thinking them. They just show-up." -- Peter Brown ("Dirty Enlightenment, pg. 50)


No comments: