Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Hay-Ku of the Day (Neither Doer Nor Done)

Hay-Ku of the Day (Neither Doer Nor Done)

If Jesus Christ said:
"I can of my own Self do
Nothing," how can I?"

How can I claim to
Be the "Doer" if Jesus
Christ Himself could not.

***

On what basis do
I claim to be the "Doer"
If Jesus could not?

Claiming "Doer-ship"
When Jesus Christ could not is
Clearly playing God.

***

"The Father in me,
He doeth the works" denies
"Me" as the Doer.

"The Father in me,
He doeth the works" denies
Human "Doer-ship."

RE: Scripture:

"I have seen all the works that are done under the sun; and, behold, all is vanity and vexation of spirit." Ecclesiastes 1:14 KJV

"I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me." John 5:30 KJV

"Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works." John 14:10 KJV

RE: Advaita/Non-Duality:

"The Heart of Awarenesss - Ashtavakra Gita" (Thomas Byrom translation):

"...It is not really you
Who acts or enjoys.

"You are everywhere,
Forever free.

"Forever and truly free,
The single witness of all things.

"But if you see yourself as separate,
Then you are bound.

"I do this. I do that"
The big black snake of selfishness
Has bitten you!

"I do nothing."
This is the nectar of faith,
So drink and be happy.

"Know you are one,
Pure awareness.
With the fire of this conviction,
Burn down the forest of ignorance..."

Sri Nsargadatta ("I Am Unborn"; "I Am That")

"Whatever is being done, if you think you are the doer, it’s the vanity in you."

"Even if doer-ship remains, it doesn’t matter, you be a witness. You are not in beingness, things happen, you don’t do anything."

An idea of doership -- that things happen because you do something -- also goes away."
                  
RE: "Yoga in the Kashmir Tradition -- Billy Doyle

"There is no doer, only doing, there is no breather, only breathing, there is no one who lives, only life." 

No comments: