Saturday, August 20, 2016

Hay-Ku of the Day (This "Bare Sense of Being I Am")

"I Am" this "Bare Sense
Of Being Present" as the
"Light of Awareness."

***

This "Sense of Being
Present and Aware" as "I
Am" is the "Christ Child."

This Sense of Being
Present and Aware as I
Am is the "Child Heart."

This "Sense of Being
Present and Aware" as "I
Am" is "God Expressed."

***

This "Awareness of
Being I Am" is the "Love"
Of "God Manifest."

This "Awareness of
Being I Am" is the "Life"
Of "God Manifest."

This "Aware Presence
Of Being I Am" is the
"Light of Awareness."

(1) Galen Sharp-Wise:

Re: "...My friend was talking about the true sense of “I am” and how this “I am” was neither something nor nothing, but was prior to, or upstream of all conceptual thoughts such as self and other. I saw that this bare sense of being was the “light” of consciousness. We may also call it the sense of presence, here, now. This sense of “I am” is neither something nor nothing, but was the clear light of consciousness in which all else appears..."

"...There is no one but God, no self, no others and He is our very consciousness and our True Life. How else can it be? Now the important thing is, He is just our bare sense of “I am,” pure consciousness without an object. But Christ is not our thoughts or feelings or our desires or fears nor even our mind. And, especially not the false, separate, conceptual “me” we always thought we were. That “me” is not Christ. Far from it. This is what the scripture means –“Whosoever shall seek to save his life (the conceptual self, ‘me’) shall lose it, and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.” [Luke 17: 33] You must lose your (conceptual) life to find it (your non-conceptual life, the sense of “I am” in Jesus)...Of course one cannot say “I am Jesus” but we can say that the pure sense of “I am” is the Spirit of Christ..."

"...Once this is understood many scriptures we have glossed over in the past as enigmatic will now jump out as very meaningful and profound. The Bible will open up for you..."

(from "Non-Dual Teachings of the Bible" by Galen Sharp)

(2) Sri Nisargadatta-Wise:

"Abidance in the knowledge "I Am" (Knowingness, Aware Presence or Self) which does not identify with the body-mind is spiritual light."  -- Sri Nisargadatta

(3) Scripture-Wise:

"Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid..." Matthew 5:14 KJV

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." Matthew 5:16 KJV

"In him was life; and the life was the light of men." John 1:4 KJV

"That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world."  John 1:9 KJV

"Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory." Colossians 3:2-4 KJV...

"The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light." Matthew 6:22 KJV

"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:" Philippians 2:5 KJV

[Rich Note: The following haiku accompanies the included composite abstract in the 2006 book:

 Empty of Self-thought
 I Am the “Holy Grail” through
Which the Father Flows.]

No comments: