Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Hay-Ku of the Day (Dead Man Walking)

Identified with
"Self-referenced thought" I am
A "dead man walking."

Identified with
"Self-reflective thought" I am
A "dead man walking."

Identified with
"Self-conscious thinking" I am
A "dead man walking."

***

Identified with
"Dualistic thinking" I am
A "dead man walking."

Identified with
"Relative thinking" I am
A "dead man walking."

***

Identified with 
"Carnal mindedness" I am
A "dead man walking."

Self-identified
With "carnal thinking" I am
A "dead man walking."

Inspired by: 

"Time only exists when we haven't let go of death." -- Pedro Cortina

Related Scripture:

(1) "...Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ (I Am) shall give thee light." 

-- Ephesians 5:14 KJV

(2) "I Am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death." 

-- Revelation 1:18 KJV

(3) "So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. 

"O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?" 

-- 1 Corinthians 15:54-55 KJV

(4) "For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.  But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. 

"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

 "For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. 

"And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity (Love)."

  -- 1 Corinthians 13:9-13 KJV

[Rich Note: Perhaps, this is the unconscious reason for the seeming fascination (and, in some cases, complete infatuation), in a large segment of the public consciousness, with "zombies," as reflected in movies and on TV, for the last five years or so?]

No comments: