Friday, June 24, 2016

Hay-Ku of the Day (Surrendering the Sword)

So dam hard for those 
Cut of the warrior cloth to
Surrender their swords.

[Rich Note: This was inspired by the following "one hell of a brutally honest (which is so him) testament" by my dear friend Charlie Hayes, who many years ago, observed that he and I were of the same tribe (of those whose worldly profession involved living on the razors edge between life and death on a continuing basis); as is my friend, Teddy, who was an electrical lineman, and all others called to consciously live in "harms way."

Charlie: In the matter of non-dual spirituality 
"The truth of the matter is, very simply, the pains and suffering of the body have blanked out any pure understanding I used to have regarding my true nature..... it is simply too much, I cannot handle it; the mind is sort of in charge these days. With all due respect to Bob Adamson, whose teachings made a big difference for me over the years, I cannot claim to have the knowledge of my true nature anymore. So that's what's so. So what? 

"No matter. Just a sincere wish to leave this dirt ball. Full Stop! 

"With love for Bob and Sabine Hamm."

Rich:

So dam hard for those 
Of us cut of warrior cloth
To surrender the sword.

I love your, Charlie,
and my prayers (such 
as they are) are with
You daily, my friend,
as am I!

(Said the "Flyboy" to the "Racer")

No comments: