Thursday, May 26, 2016

Haiku of the Day (Freedom for All)

A fatal case of
Mistaken identity
This being human.

Self-forgotten one,
So tangled up in daydreams 
Of being awake.

Tangled up in thought, 
A stranger in a far land, 
Subject to nightmares.

***

Operating on 
A false premise guarantees 
A false conclusion.

Stop pretending to
Be what you are not and you
Will be what you are.

***

I am not what I
Think and can never not be
What I am in truth.

The only way to
Be free of what I think is
To know what I Am.

***

Knowing by virtue
Of being what is known is
Direct and perfect.

"Knowing as I am
Known" is the perfect knowledge
Of Being what's known.

***

Transmuting ego
Lead into spiritual gold 
Is suffering’s job.

O heartfelt stirring, 
Of insatiable desire, 
Bursting into light. 

My soulful anguish,
Mid-wife to eternal glory, 
Cosmic labor pains.

[Rich Note: The one and only thing we need to get right in this world is our Changeless (in space-time terms) Identity. Get it wrong, however, and we're operating on a false premise that compels a false (and seemingly fatal) conclusion. Alternately, get Identity right and what, at times, is experienced as a "mental and emotional desert, living nightmare or dark night of the soul" will instantly be transformed into a "Garden of Everlasting Joy and Heavenly Delight" and so become a "Divine Joyride".

Empty of Self-thought
I Am the “Holy Grail” through
Which the Father Flows.

A "Changeless Identity," Bill Samuel clearly delineates in the following "Top-Down Self-Realization/Bottom-Up Stand" that All, as a Collective Mankind, are called to take/make with respect to "Our True, Real, Immortal, Divine Identity":

"I take the Divine 
Awareness of God to Be
My Identity."

And

"The final discipline involves 
the correct apprehension of
Identity and passing that clear 
perception along to our world 
as quickly as we can." 

Seen in the context, Bill's "getting identity right and then sharing it,"  is wonderfully executed by Neville Goddard  in the following first page of "Freedom for All"; a page which also seamlessly re-unites Eastern and Western "philosophical, theological, psychological and metaphysical" traditions; as simply different ways of looking at and so seeing the same "One Ultimate and Everlasting Truth of All Being I AM."

FREEDOM FOR ALL – By Neville Goddard

Chapter 1

THE ONENESS OF GOD

“HEAR, O Israel: the Lord our god is one Lord.”
Hear, O Israel:
Hear, O man made of the very substance of God: 
You and God are one and undivided!
Man, the world and all within it are conditioned states 
of the unconditioned one, God.
You are this one; 
You are God conditioned as man.
All that you believe God to be, you are; 
but you will never know this to be true 
until you stop claiming it of another,
and recognize this seeming other to be yourself.
"God and man, 
spirit and matter,
the formless and the formed, 
the creator and the creation, 
the cause and the effect, 
your Father and you are one.
"This one, in whom all conditioned states live and move 
and have their being, 
is your I AM, 
your unconditioned consciousness.

"Unconditioned consciousness is God, the one and only reality. By unconditioned consciousness is meant a sense of awareness; a sense of knowing that I AM apart from knowing who I AM; the consciousness of being, divorced from that which I am conscious of being. I AM aware of being man, but I need not be man to be aware of being. Before I became aware of being someone, I, unconditioned awareness, was aware of being, and this awareness does not depend upon being someone. I AM self-existent, unconditioned consciousness; I became aware of being someone; and I shall become aware of being someone other than this that I am now aware of being; but I AM eternally aware of being whether I am unconditioned formlessness or I am conditioned form.

"As the conditioned state, I (man), might forget who I am, or where I am, but I cannot forget that I AM. This knowing that I AM, this awareness of being, is the only reality.

"This unconditioned consciousness, the I AM, is that knowing reality in whom all conditioned states – conceptions of myself – begin and end, but which ever remains the unknown knowing being when all the known ceases to be.

"All that I have ever believed myself to be, all that I now believe myself to be, and all that I shall ever believe myself to be, are but attempts to know myself,– the unknown, undefined reality.

"This unknown knowing one, or unconditioned consciousness, is my true being, the one and only reality. I AM the unconditioned reality conditioned as that which I believe myself to be. I AM the believer limited by my beliefs, the knower defined by the known.

"The world is my conditioned consciousness objectified. That which I feel and believe to be true of myself is now projected in space as my world. The world – my mirrored self – ever bears witness of the state of consciousness in which I live...."

[Rich Note: For those interested, here's a link to a complementary PDF of the complete 32 page book:

http://www.mindserpent.com/library/goddard/workbooks/1966_freedom_for_all.pdf ]

No comments: