Sunday, October 5, 2008

Hay-Ku of the Day (Conceptual Worship)

Worshiping ideas
Above the Awareness in
Which they all rise.

Worshiping worldly
Matters above the Conscious
Awareness I Am.

[Rich Note: (Photo Caption) "Who Is Worshiping What?"; Attention fixed on the outer world of appearance implies a reciprocal self-worship that must eventually be crucified on the "Cross of the Here and Now" if One is to resurrect the Full Potential of Life and Being; Companion haiku: Worshiping self-thought instead of the Awareness of Being I Am.]

[Rich Note: What I give the preponderance of my conscious attention to (which, as a human being, is normally "me, myself and I" as a central referent of an apparent "self-existent world of personal being"), either as a function of love or fear (or variations thereof), I am actually worshiping.]

© 2008 RFHay

No comments: