Monday, July 16, 2018

Hay-Ku of the Day (I Am Life)

Life is not something
I have It Is What I Am
In Spirit and Truth.

I Am Alive to 
The degree I Am Consciously 
Aware of Being.

Life may be defined 
As the degree I Am Aware 
of Being Present.

“Am I not alive to the degree I am aware of being as reflected in the environmental stimuli each passing moment presents? Am I not more self-aware, more conscious of being, more aware of my existence, when I am awake than when I am asleep and unconscious of being? Am I not also more alive when I am paying attention to the present moment, than when I am entertaining memories or projecting futures? Am I not more dead to life when I am day dreaming then when wholeheartedly focused, here and now, on what’s going on around me? If so, then life isn’t something I have, it’s something I am. Some- thing I am more or less conscious of being, depending on the degree of conscious awareness I am able to bring to each precious moment. Thus, as paradoxical as it may seem, the more I give myself as a center of conscious attention and awareness to others the more abundant the life I will experience in and of myself.”

https://www.amazon.com/Richard-Hay/e/B002BLJNPE

No comments: