Sunday, June 3, 2018

Hay-Ku of the Day (Cosmic Labor Pains)

My soulful anguish
Mid-wife to Divine Glory 
Cosmic Labor pains.

Liquor Store Bottle
Easing with forgetfulness
My soul sick sorrow.

Auger of desire
Sharp cutting edge of despair
Bursting into Light.

Slowly drifting off
Thought and feeling pass away
Practicing my death.

https://www.amazon.com/Richard-Hay/e/B002BLJNPE

“Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me.” Matthew 26:38 KJV

“For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God.” 2 Corinthians 4:15 KJV

“For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;” 2 Corinthians 4:17 KJV

[Rich Note: Summary of Hay-Ku of the Day (HOTD) selections (in some cases with minor editorial changes), from “Out of My Mind and Back to My Senses” (OOMM), posted on Twitter today.]

No comments: