Monday, July 10, 2017

Hay-Ku of the Day (Lovely Daydreams)

Hay-Ku of the Day (Lovely Daydreams)

Infinite rays shine,
Blazing from one central sun,
Universal light. 

A bright, blazing sun,
Mirrored in a mountain lake,
Self-reflecting Light.

***

Cloud enshrouded sky
Momentarily masking 
A prodigal sun.

Mirroring my face,
Clouds of divine energy
Suspended in space.

***

Floating dandelion
Seed softly lighting upon
An un-grasping hand.

Solitary bloom,
Last among the leaves and thorns,
Awaiting the fall.

***

Playful old puppies,
She frolics, he gently paws --
Love in furry coats.

A basement cricket
Competing with my daydreams,
Who is more alive?

***

Soft chirping chorus,
Surrounding blanket of sound,
Covering silence.

Still and Quiet this 
Sky of Perpetual Grace 
Abiding in my Heart. 

***

Over-bloated house,
Swollen with self-importance --
Bellowing bullfrog.

Clanging pots and pans
Startle my thoughtful repose --
Another wake-up call.

***

A fatal case of
Mistaken identity,
This being human.

Liquor store bottle,
Easing with forgetfulness
My soul sick sorrow.

***

Ambulance passing,
Lights flashing in the night, 
Life in the balance.

Waiting here at the
Motor Vehicle Bureau --
Practicing patience.

***

Slowly drifting off, 
Thought and feeling fall away,
Practicing my death.

Uncle Joe’s “Richie 
Be Still!” was Divine Counsel
Of the First Order.


[Rich Note:  Selected arrangement of Haiku from Chapter 1, "In the Beginning was the Word," of a 2006 book titled, "Out of My Mind and Back to My Senses" (OOMM); a "40 Year State of the Head Message" that is presently being republished by Redemption Press. Given that I was once told by a  "cutting-edge" theologian that OOMM was before its time, perhaps that time is NOW.]

No comments: