Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Hay-Ku of the Day ("Who Am I?")

"Who Am I?" is the
Alpha-Omega Question
At the Heart of All.

"Who Am I?" is the
Alpha-Omega Question
One's born to Answer.

"Who Am I?" is the 
Alpha Omega Question
That answers Itself.

(1) Related OOMM's Subtitle

"The Object of Life
Is to Find Out Who I Am
Before Time Runs Out!"

(2)  From the rhymed poetry archive:

WHO AM I?

Who is this I that I seem to be, 
That I feel I am, yet cannot see; 
The one in me I’ve yet to know, 
Though ever present wherever I go. 

Who can it be, this I in me, 
The I that I am, yet never see; 
The one in me that still goes on, 
When all about has come and gone. 

The one in me that always knows,
That never comes and never goes;
That’s always here and never there,
Ever present and so nowhere. 

The one in me, the one in you, 
The I in us and all else too; 
The root and core of all that lives,
The essence and soul of all that is.

The I in all which cannot fall, 
Alive in the hearts of great and small;
That’s never apart and always near,
Knows no hunger and has no fear. 

The one in all, the one in each, 
The one all seek, but never reach;
The I that I am, that you are too, 
The I that answers the question who?

Circa 1982

No comments: