Sunday, August 16, 2015

Hay-Ku of the Day (Proof of God)


Relativity 
Implies an Absolute State 
Underlying All.

Any God that is 
Other than I Am can’t be 
An Absolute One.

Believing I am
Separate from God is the 
Original sin.

Being separate 
From an Absolute God is
An Oxymoron.

The question is not
Whether there is a God, but 
Who’s playing the role

[Rich Note: The reprise of the above OOMM Oldies and blog haiku favorites, as well as the following  reply on the subject of "Proving God" were inspired by friend Ed Reed's FB post:

"Relatively speaking" (lol), Ed, the best "logical proof" (if there can be such a thing) of God I know follows:

 "As you can't have an "up without a down," an "off without an on," an ""in without an out," a "something without a nothing," "form without space," "light without darkness," "motion without stillness," "sound without silence," "good without evil," "life without death," "being without non-being"; neither can you have a "Relative (Man) without an Absolute (God)," and all that necessarily implies with respect to what Relativity, Nature, Mankind and All the Rest of It must Ultimately Be "...in Spirit and Truth."

As for "me", is there any "logical proof" of my own existence or is the proof of my own Being a trans-rational Knowing that I Am" -- beyond the shadow of a rational doubt; and that as a direct apprehension of an experiential sense of "Being Present and Aware as I Am," as a "doubtless certainty" that can in no way be challenged or denied, because I would still have to "be here existing" to do so? 

If so, would not Knowing God, the Presence thereof and Conscious Union therewith, Be Equally Trans-Rational (beyond relative conception and comprehension, but not beyond the reach of "direct apprehension in the Heart,"!  in the same way "I Know I Am")?]

No comments: