Friday, March 6, 2015

Haiku of the Day (Suffering's Source)

I suffer because
I believe myself to Be
Other than I Am,

I suffer because
I am pretending to Be
Something I am not.

I suffer because
I imagine I am other
Than I Am in Truth.

***

Suffering exists 
To remind "me" I Am not
"What I think I Am."

Suffering exists
To remind me I Am not
What I imagine.

Suffering exists
To remind "me" self-thought is
A consuming fire.

***

Human Suffering
Serves as a reminder I
Am not what I think.

Human Suffering
Is a Divine Wake-Up Call
To Be What We Are.

Human Suffering
Is a call to wake-up to
Being Awareness.

***

Suffering is the
Mental equivalent of
Pain as a warning.

Re: "For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;" 2 Corinthians 4:17 KJV

Re:  Suffering's Cure -- "Stop pretending to be what you are NOT and don’t refuse to be what you ARE”. Sri Nisargadatta

Or in haiku form:

Stop pretending to
Be what you are not and you
Will Be What You Are.

[Rich Note: The following extract from a Philadelphia Inquirer sports section article inspired today's haiku:

"(Justin) De Fratus' (a Phillies' relief pitcher) initial task was to answer a question proposed to him by a classmate in high school: 'If God is all good and all powerful, then why is there suffering?" A good question, De Fratus said."

"...The answer, he said, is a person's free will. Humans, not God, created suffering and evil, De Fratus said."

Going beyond the "free will defense," which still assumes separate self-existence, apart from an Absolute God, as its operating premise; I would suggest a case of mistaken identity and self-ignorance, that anchors Life in a false premise; which, in turn, leads to false conclusions (re: unrighteousness self-centered action, misery, suffering and, ultimately, death) is "suffering's true source" -- all of which is suggested more succinctly in the following and above haiku:

A fatal case of
Mistaken identity
This being human. ]

No comments: