Thursday, July 10, 2014

Hay-Ku of the Day (Beyond the Label)

"I" as a label
Points to the "Aware Presence
Of Being I Am."

But

"I" is a mental
Self-referencing label most
Identify with.

Re: "Renunciation is the acceptance of all existence as sacred..."  ~Pandit Vamadeva Shastriji

"If one really sees that "I" is a label for the experience, any experience is worthy of appreciation. Appreciation is bliss. And conditioning will fall away because there is no glue -- no "I" to protect." (Gateless Gate Crashers" 103)

[Rich Note: This piece seems to offer a good conceptual triangulation of what renunciation (not of the world, but of oneself as a presumed separate "I, self, entity or self-existent being"), as seeing the "sacredness of all existence," necessarily implies -- Conscious Union of Subject and Object into the Original Sacred Oneness of Absolute Goodness and Love, as Pure Awareness of Being Itself.]

1 comment:

rfhay333 said...

[Rich Note: Or, more Biblically speaking: "...God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I. And he said, Draw not nigh hither: put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground..." (Ex 3:4-5)

Seen in the Light
Of the Holy Presence "I
AM" All is Holy.

Seen in the Light
Of the Holy Presence of
God All is Holy.

Seen in the Light
Of God's Living Presence All
Being is Sacred.]