Friday, August 13, 2010

Hay-Ku of the Day (With Apologies to Descartes)

(Rich Note: Companion image may be viewed at rfhay333.gather.com.]

(Descartes Portrait)

Descartes (Wikimedia commons public domain); “I think, therefore I am” is one way to know I exist, but it is far from the only or best way, as it can lead to a "fatal case of mistaken identity" in which “I as I Am” identify with “I as I think I."

I confuse thinking
About Being with Being
Consciously Aware.

Thinking I Am and
Being Consciously Aware
Aren't synonymous .

[Rich Note: These are offered to introduce a piece entitled, "With Apologies to Descartes: I Am, Therefore I Think" that appeared in the 2007 addition of a magazine called "Wealth Creation," a piece that will follow as sequential installments in the comments section.]

No comments: