Friday, August 13, 2010

Hay-Ku of the Day (A Dog's Tale)

[Rich Note: Companion image may be viewed at rfhay333.gather.com.]

(My Buddy Photograph)

My Buddy (2010); Here’s my buddy Higgin’s ("Sir Colonel Higgins", actually), whose hearing and mobility are somewhat degraded after 14 plus years, with his rather soulful, “Well, are you going to pet me or not?”, obedient, good-dog pose.

After wandering
From my presence, Higgins barks
At my desertion.

After laying down
Where he can’t see me, Higgins
Barks at my absence.

[Rich Note: The “back-story” to this rather simple “dog’s tale” from my buddy, Higgins, although sad in some respects, funny in others, evoked a rather profound insight I'll share more fully in subsequent comments (which you may have noticed has become a bit of a habit).]

No comments: