Friday, August 4, 2017

Hay-Ku of the Day (A Fine Line)

There is a fine line
Between clever and stupid
And you just crossed it.

[Rich Note: I was driving Granddaughter Gabi home from the Theater Camp on Tuesday and explained how I had broken the bone in my left-hand, body-surfing between the legs of a man standing in the surf, and catching my finger on his right leg on the way through. I also happened to mentioned I was cleared to take the splint off once a day,  for hygiene/bathing, but was taking advantage of that opportunity to work the wrist, hand and fingers a bit to keep them flexible.  To which she responded: "There's a fine line between clever and stupid and that is closer to stupid." I asked her if she had heard that somewhere and she said, no, it had just came to her.]

No comments: